Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au)

Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/index.php)
-   All other toys & Mixed - News & Sightings (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Toynami 30th Anniversary Voltron (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=17332)

Initial_G 14th November 2014 09:08 AM

Bummer, anyone had one on pre-order? so close to release date ... hoping this is still available >_<

VGMStudios 14th November 2014 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Initial_G (Post 444434)
Bummer, anyone had one on pre-order? so close to release date ... hoping this is still available >_<

YES! :mad:
If they shut it down cause of WEP.. man so many ppl will be pissed off.

Tfiguy 17th November 2014 08:36 PM

Gokin is still going ahead, as we have them for pre order at Tfi Down Under. I was a little worried myself so I enquired about it. Shame they took down the website though.

drifand 18th November 2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tfiguy (Post 444822)
Gokin is still going ahead, as we have them for pre order at Tfi Down Under. I was a little worried myself so I enquired about it. Shame they took down the website though.

are you selling this? whats the price?

VGMStudios 19th November 2014 12:03 AM

Quote:

Well thats good news! Thanks Tfiguy! I preordered from Toyercity.
Hope they still will honor the sales if they can.

Thanks for enquirering about it. A lot of us were worried. ;)

Tetsuwan Convoy 20th November 2014 09:59 AM

IIRC, wasn't today the apparent release date? Curious to know if anyone who ordered gets a notification.

kurdt_the_goat 20th November 2014 11:00 AM

I just sent them an email asking for an update, so hopefully hear back something soon. I saw in my bank account the actual amount i ended up paying (after rate conversion and so on) ... on the one hand, damn it was a lot LOL but on the other.. whenever i look at the pics i just NEED it! So i hope they come through.

The latest podcast video from Collection DX on YouTube has Josh fiddling around with it - he lifts it up horizontal and despite the heft of diecast in the legs, the joints are so strong it barely moves!

But he doesn't sound too optimistic about the release .. though i don't think he knows any more than we do tbh.

Edit: Got a response but asked not to repeat online, so i will comply - should keep talk here to a minimum methinks :)

Initial_G 20th November 2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Excellent, pre-order has been placed :)

Tfiguy 25th November 2014 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drifand (Post 444936)
are you selling this? whats the price?

$281 off the top of my head + shipping $19.. I'm not sure if I can talk too much about sales in this thread :-/ but just pm me or visit our website or facebook page so the powers above are ok :)

Tetsuwan Convoy 7th December 2014 02:39 PM

Got mine yesterday!

First Impressions: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Happy Chappy!

Trent 7th December 2014 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy (Post 447433)
Got mine yesterday!

First Impressions: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Happy Chappy!

Keep going. I need to be convinced to buy it :o

Tetsuwan Convoy 7th December 2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trent (Post 447436)
Keep going. I need to be convinced to buy it :o

Edited due to current political climate

drifand 7th December 2014 09:42 PM

How tall does it stand?

Tetsuwan Convoy 8th December 2014 09:14 AM

Can't say yet. I've been pretty busy with other projects, so haven't gotten around to combining him yet. I've just been playing with the individual Lions. He looks like he'll be a tad shorter than MW V Voltron.

He comes with two heads for the arm lions, one is lighter than the other and the jaw doesn't open as much as the heavier one. They both work with the rocket punch thing. I am still trying to figure out why we have two heads for the arms. Curious.

Initial_G 8th December 2014 09:25 AM

Cool, I'm waiting for mine from TFI too, it'll be my first purchase from them

CoRDS 8th December 2014 09:47 AM

Aww damnit ordered :)

VGMStudios 8th December 2014 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat (Post 447525)
Come to pappa!

Pappa's got a brand new friend!

Nice dude! Congrats! Im really glad to know that they were still able to release it. I really would like to know the story behind what happened.

drifand 8th December 2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VGMStudios (Post 447539)
Nice dude! Congrats! Im really glad to know that they were still able to release it. I really would like to know the story behind what happened.

I am thinking this is the only batch you will ever get.
I have this sinking feeling they are not able to cater anymore new stock.
This is the most expensive toy I be getting this year. Cost way more than I expected. Should have pre ordered earlier.

kurdt_the_goat 8th December 2014 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drifand (Post 447542)
I am thinking this is the only batch you will ever get.
I have this sinking feeling they are not able to cater anymore new stock.
This is the most expensive toy I be getting this year. Cost way more than I expected. Should have pre ordered earlier.

I dunno how many people got their order in tbh. It kind flew under the rader and just as it was picking up interest, their site went offline. Before though, they had pics of production that certainly seemed to suggest a lot were being made.

FAPOS 15th December 2014 06:25 PM

Only had time to open and take a quick pic... but its looking pretty quality, even still in the packaging... looking forward to getting it transmogrified!

http://s29.postimg.org/b48kue66v/20141215_161234.jpg

drifand 15th December 2014 09:42 PM

I have chimungmung having stock soon however you are not better off than getting from Tfi

CoRDS 20th December 2014 06:40 AM

im so glad this thing exists.

hopefully tfi gets all the stock he ordred. weird that i havnt had a payment request yet :(

drifand 20th December 2014 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoRDS (Post 449214)
im so glad this thing exists.

hopefully tfi gets all the stock he ordred. weird that i havnt had a payment request yet :(

That's only means he hasn't got them, I am waiting as well.

drifand 20th December 2014 10:17 PM

Latest update is he is still waiting as there were qc issues.
I am in no rush but I hope they don't pluck him.

Trent 20th December 2014 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drifand (Post 449249)
That's only means he hasn't got them, I am waiting as well.

I got my invoice from them yesterday.

drifand 21st December 2014 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trent (Post 449324)
I got my invoice from them yesterday.

I haven't got anything, and I did message him.

drifand 22nd December 2014 12:20 PM

Update, my order had issues as somehow it wasn't there.
I messages and sorted it out and paid mine.

If anyone still waiting on invoice I suggest you contact tfi now.

I am hoping this reaches him soon.

drifand 22nd December 2014 03:03 PM

Are the fist of the toyami version turntable?

Is a bit let down that they thought at this age and time people want to shoot fist off from a $300 toy for infinity gokin. They should have a rotatable lion head instead IMO .

drifand 28th December 2014 02:23 PM

Was told mid jan today . I hope it's not a screw up.

VGMStudios 28th December 2014 06:00 PM

You DO know about the EDIT button right?

Triple posting seems a bit exsessive, a little unnecessary and seems lazy.
use the edit button next time huh!

No the fists dont turn. Ive been thinking how to alter it so that it would.

Trent 28th December 2014 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VGMStudios (Post 450205)

SIR!

Trent 28th December 2014 09:02 PM

YES!

Trent 28th December 2014 09:04 PM

SIR!

CoRDS 28th December 2014 09:15 PM

ooo im going to line up all my figures in formation. all saluting. with a few hydra agents hidden for good measure

drifand 28th December 2014 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VGMStudios (Post 450205)

Sorry my bad, will try my best not to make a new post unnecessary , thought it was worth an update.

Question, did it come with extra fist? I guess it's going to be a bit tricky to do it not impossible but might require to disable the shooting functionality.
It's just being retro for the wrong reasons IMO .

drifand 28th December 2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoRDS (Post 450231)
ooo im going to line up all my figures in formation. all saluting. with a few hydra agents hidden for good measure

For me, I think he is going to be the main robot in my chogokin area being the size of it. The pose will be the holding the blazing sword pose which the 30th anniversary toyami seems to be harder to do which I could be wrong of course but that will be the pose I like.

VGMStudios 29th December 2014 07:15 AM

Very funny. Ha ha ha drifand..did it again.
Well I come from an era where there were rules against double posting.
If no one cares here then fine by me. Just thought it would make the thread neater.

well whatever.

Yes comes with extra fists.
also make sure u have the proper extra face too. Mine didnt come with the open mouth one.

drifand 29th December 2014 07:21 AM

Are you able to convert the second pair to a ball joint version?
If there isn't room for it, I guess the only other method is to shave and file it till is rotatable, lots of work. I wished they didn't do the stupid flying fist.

VGMStudios 29th December 2014 07:30 AM

You do know why they've added the flying fists right?
there really isn't much room for a ball/joint system. Ive been thinking about how to go about it.
I may have to reconstruct the lower part of the fist because where the long end that meets the head that goes into the arm is very thin.

I also thought of shaving down the long piece as well. I wouldn't do it cause thats what locks the fist into place. Shaving it down will make it loos and it will fall out easily.

Im thinking super strong earth magnets might do the trick.

drifand 29th December 2014 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VGMStudios (Post 450288)
You do know why they've added the flying fists right?
there really isn't much room for a ball/joint system. Ive been thinking about how to go about it.
I may have to reconstruct the lower part of the fist because where the long end that meets the head that goes into the arm is very thin.

I also thought of shaving down the long piece as well. I wouldn't do it cause thats what locks the fist into place. Shaving it down will make it loos and it will fall out easily.

Im thinking super strong earth magnets might do the trick.

Hell it's part of the anime so flying fist? You do realise is an expensive toy to be shooting fist anyway? Half the reviews I read, nobody really bothers about the shooting fist. I wished the 2nd pair was at least rotatable. If I missed something on why is THis so important to shoot the fist please enlighten me.

I only see reviews pointing it out as an obstruction as it can't rotate.

Earth magnets are great but does that mean you break off the shaft? Obviously my ideas are crap asi don't have the toy in hand.